We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on the 1st August 2012.
1. What we collect
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- name and job title;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
2. What uses are made with the personal information collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we will use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
By proceeding beyond this page you consent to our cookie settings and agree that you understand this Cookies Policy which explains how you can manage your cookie choices and preferences.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are only used where you ask us to remember your login details for when you next return to the site and will last for a longer duration.
We use performance cookies on our Website to collect information about how you use our site, so that we can improve the quality of our site and service.
Our performance cookies do not collect any information that could potentially identify you. All information collected is anonymous and is used by us to:
- provide statistics on how our site is used;
- monitor which website our users arrived from; and
- help us improve the site by measuring usage information and any errors which occur during our users browsing experience.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on our site you may not be able to take full advantage of our site if you do so.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website or the content of such privacy policies. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the Website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [address].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.